Santosh Shail sings......The Sound Of Silence

Filed under: by: स्वप्न मञ्जूषा




The Sound Of Silence

Hello darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again
Because a vision softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of silence

In restless dreams I walked alone
Narrow streets of cobblestone
'Neath the halo of a street lamp
I turn my collar to the cold and damp
When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

And in the naked light I saw
Ten thousand people maybe more
People talking without speaking
People hearing without listening
People writing songs that voices never shared
No one dared
Disturb the sound of silence

"Fools," said I, "you do not know
Silence like a cancer grows
Hear my words that I might teach you
Take my arms that I might reach you"
But my words like silent raindrops fell
And echoed in the wells of silence

And the people bowed and prayed
To the neon god they made
And the sign flashed out its warning
In the words that it was forming
And the sign said "The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls
And tenement halls
And whispered in the sound of silence

19 comments:

On March 24, 2010 at 1:05 AM , Akshitaa (Pakhi) said...

Nice...!!

 
On March 28, 2010 at 10:54 PM , Ravi Rajbhar said...

very nice... :)
keep it up

 
On April 25, 2010 at 3:31 AM , Readers Dais said...

Hi!

first time here, loved ur thoughts,
reading this one finds a thought thats humming within us, the one who sees the world and dreams of a world...a better world!!

well written friend...
:)

 
On May 5, 2010 at 11:51 AM , सम्वेदना के स्वर said...

FORGIVE ME FOR TRYING TO TRANSLATE THE OPENING LINES OF THE SONG:
शांति के स्वर
==========
नमस्कार! हे अंधकार ! ऐ मेरे मित्र पुराने
फिर आया हूँ पास तुम्हारे, तुमसे ही बतियाने.
थी एक नज़र चोरी चुपके, गई बीज रोप मैं सोई सखे!
मेरे मानस में रोपित वह, है बीज सुरक्षित आज अहे!
है बीज सुरक्षित आज, देख शांति के स्वर के सिरहाने.
फिर आया हूँ पास तुम्हारे, तुमसे ही बतियाने.

 
On May 31, 2010 at 9:13 PM , आचार्य उदय said...

आईये, मन की शांति का उपाय धारण करें!
आचार्य जी

 
On June 7, 2010 at 2:41 AM , ज्योति सिंह said...

"Fools," said I, "you do not know
Silence like a cancer grows
Hear my words that I might teach you
Take my arms that I might reach you"
But my words like silent raindrops fell
And echoed in the wells of silence
wonderful.......

 
On June 15, 2010 at 7:06 PM , Shabad shabad said...

Nice...!!
First time reading your thoughts...
keep it up....

 
On July 15, 2010 at 3:13 AM , अरुणेश मिश्र said...

nice .

 
On July 31, 2010 at 12:31 AM , Pawan Kumar said...

A beautiful poem

 
On July 31, 2010 at 12:31 AM , Pawan Kumar said...

A beautiful poem

 
On August 6, 2010 at 1:14 AM , Anonymous said...

very nice post...
acha laga pad kar..

Pls Visit My Blog and Share ur Comments....
http://bannedarea.blogspot.com


You can Read here :

Celebrity News, Hollywood News,

Bollywood News, Technology News,

Health News
, India News, World News,

Cricket News, Sports News, Fashion News,

Television News, Gossips, Automobile News,

Breaking News, Games News,

Mobile News, & Latest News

 
On August 6, 2010 at 9:25 AM , #vpsinghrajput said...

अच्छी रचना ।

 
On August 12, 2010 at 11:11 PM , सहज साहित्य said...

Touching words

 
On August 23, 2010 at 6:04 PM , sky-blue freak :D said...

Hello darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again....
I like these lines....
Nice words !!!

 
On September 15, 2010 at 8:48 PM , Jesson Balaoing said...

I appreciate your lovely post, happy blogging!

 
On October 4, 2010 at 4:08 AM , जयकृष्ण राय तुषार said...

beautiful poem

 
On November 26, 2010 at 6:42 AM , प्रेम सरोवर said...

Very nice presentation.You deserve kudo for this.I promise to be a regular visitor of your blog.Plz. visit my blog.

 
On January 3, 2011 at 3:52 AM , Dimple Maheshwari said...

जय श्री कृष्ण...आपका लेखन वाकई काबिल-ए-तारीफ हैं....नव वर्ष आपके व आपके परिवार जनों, शुभ चिंतकों तथा मित्रों के जीवन को प्रगति पथ पर सफलता का सौपान करायें .....मेरी कविताओ पर टिप्पणी के लिए आपका आभार ...आगे भी इसी प्रकार प्रोत्साहित करते रहिएगा ..!!

 
On July 24, 2012 at 5:09 PM , Unknown said...

bahut khoob